In a recent study, scientists had participants ride stationary bikes while listening to music at normal speed, at 10% slower tempo and 10% higher tempo. When “the music was played faster,” researchers wrote, “the participants chose to accept, and even prefer, a greater degree of effort.” Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to my Zumba class.
Music Makes You Exercise Harder
By Ben Popken August 27, 2010
- smell science Imagining The Smell Of Cake Will Actually Make You Buy More Cake, Researchers Find
- look ma no hands Studies: Talking To Your Car While Driving Could Be A Dangerous Distraction
- don't worry be happy Gallup: North Dakota Is The Happiest State, West Virginia Comes In Last Again
- mmmmm calories We Eat Too Much Now Because Food Is Super Cheap, Study Says
- lose weight while you read Maker Of “Miracle” Green Coffee Weight-Loss Product To Pay $3.5M For Using Bogus Science To Sell Product