Looking for the perfect appliance store? Sorry, it doesn’t exist. But, there are some that are pretty good, according to Consumer Reports. Abt Electronics, a Chicago based company, scored high on CR’s survey of the best appliance retailers for overall customer approval. One reason: knowledgeable salespeople. The top gripes included stores trying to sell extended warranties. The pushiest retailers: P.C. Richard & Son, Sears, Best Buy, and hhgregg. [Consumer Reports]
By greeda July 8, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Sears Opening Smaller-Format Appliance Stores
- JCPenney Officially Reentering Appliance Arena: Expanding Offerings To 500 Stores
- Best Buy Defies Everyone’s Expectations, Is Mysteriously Not Dead
- JCPenney Testing Appliance Sales By Creating An “Emotional Connection” With Women
- Why Is JCPenney Trying To Be More Like Sears, When So Many Sears Stores Are Closing?