Walgreens won’t sell genetic-test kit. Just hours after the FDA said it was going to investigate the lab behind the pharmacy chain’s mail-in genetic testing package, Walgreens has dropped plans to carry the kit. “In light of the FDA contacting Pathway Genomics about its genetic test kit and anticipated ongoing discussions between the two parties, we’ve elected not to move forward with offering the Pathway product to our customers until we have further clarity on this matter,” a Walgreens spokesman said. [Chicago Breaking Business]
By consumerist.com May 12, 2010
- maybe someday The Problem With Direct-To-Consumer Blood Tests: ‘Cancer Stethoscopes’ Are Not A Thing Yet
- diy dna New 23andMe Customers Will Only Have Access To Hereditary Information
- diy dna 23andMe Stops Marketing Of Genetic Test Kits, But What About Everyone Who Already Has One?
- reading the ACGT leaves Ancestry.com Wants To Get Into The Genetic Disease-Diagnosing Business
- what's in your body? GNC Agrees To DNA, Allergen Testing Of Herbal Supplements