Jason spotted this photo at a Minnesota Walgreens. We ran the numbers and discovered that $7.49 is less than 50 percent off of $9.99. But the giant “50% Off” lettering looks so darn attractive that it’s tough to fault the store’s management from making the incorrect claim.
Walgreens Has A Loose Definition Of The Phrase '50 Percent Off'
By Phil Villarreal March 29, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Walgreens Will Sell Off Up To 1,000 Stores To Get Approval For Rite Aid Acquisition
- Walgreens Installing Drug Disposal Kiosks In 500 Stores
- If Walgreens And Rite Aid Merge, Thousands Of Stores Might Close
- Walgreens Shoplifter Walks Out Of Store With $100K In Prescription Drugs
- Ad Watchdog: Sprint Should Clarify What ‘50% Off Your Bill’ Really Means