In a little less than 12 hours, over 300 skeptics throughout the U.K. will protest the homeopathic medicine industry there by deliberately overdosing on full bottles of homeopathic pills, which technically don’t contain any molecules of the active ingredient. The group’s goal is to highlight the fact that homeopathic cures are about as scientifically valid as your horoscope. I’m all for stunts, but don’t they know that they’ll likely suffer from the memory of an OD? That’s how this stuff works, you know.
Mass Homeopathic Overdose Planned For Tomorrow!
By cwalters January 29, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Teen Shoppers Can Get Drunk Without ID On CVS Homeopathic Laxative
- At Least 52 People Hospitalized, 13 Dead In California After Overdosing On Counterfeit Painkiller
- Nine Retailers Recall Store-Branded Children’s Cold Medicine Over Overdose Risks
- New Warning Labels Coming To Opioid Painkillers
- Snake Oil Was A Real Thing & 3 Other Things You Should Know About Sham Medicines