In a little less than 12 hours, over 300 skeptics throughout the U.K. will protest the homeopathic medicine industry there by deliberately overdosing on full bottles of homeopathic pills, which technically don’t contain any molecules of the active ingredient. The group’s goal is to highlight the fact that homeopathic cures are about as scientifically valid as your horoscope. I’m all for stunts, but don’t they know that they’ll likely suffer from the memory of an OD? That’s how this stuff works, you know.
Mass Homeopathic Overdose Planned For Tomorrow!
By cwalters January 29, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Teen Shoppers Can Get Drunk Without ID On CVS Homeopathic Laxative
- At Least 52 People Hospitalized, 13 Dead In California After Overdosing On Counterfeit Painkiller
- CVS Will Limit Teens To Buying One Shot Of Boozy Laxative At A Time
- Heroin Mixed With Powerful Animal Tranquilizer Linked To Spike In Overdoses In Ohio
- In Denial About America’s Opioid Painkiller Problem? This Map Might Change Your Mind