Macy’s wants in on the discount department store market, so starting this summer the company will open four outlet stores under the Bloomingdale’s brand in New Jersey, Florida, and Virginia, reports the Seattle Times. Apparently the real Bloomingdale’s sales haven’t been stellar in this economy, so Macy’s is hoping that a discount offshoot will bring in more budget-conscious shoppers.
Macy's To Open Bloomingdale's Outlet Stores This Summer
By cwalters January 22, 2010
- imaginary prices Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s Accused Of Inflating “Original” Prices To Make Discounts More Attractive
- downmarket Outlet Malls No Longer Relegated To The Middle Of Nowhere
- Expanding the discounts Macy’s Opening 16 Additional Discount “Backstage” Stores This Year
- macy's basement Macy’s Decides To Grow By Targeting Bargain-Hunters
- off-price is the new something Kohl’s Will Open An Off-Price Store In New Jersey