Macy’s wants in on the discount department store market, so starting this summer the company will open four outlet stores under the Bloomingdale’s brand in New Jersey, Florida, and Virginia, reports the Seattle Times. Apparently the real Bloomingdale’s sales haven’t been stellar in this economy, so Macy’s is hoping that a discount offshoot will bring in more budget-conscious shoppers.
Macy's To Open Bloomingdale's Outlet Stores This Summer
By cwalters January 22, 2010
- imaginary prices Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s Accused Of Inflating “Original” Prices To Make Discounts More Attractive
- Expanding the discounts Macy’s Opening 16 Additional Discount “Backstage” Stores This Year
- off-price stores The Limited Opened A Stealth Chain Of Off-Price Stores
- ch-ch-ch-ch-changes Kohl’s Opening Smaller-Format Stores, More Outlet Locations As Part Of Turnaround Efforts
- anchors away Fewer Middle-Class Consumers Means Fewer Midrange Mall Anchors