Distracted Driving: Government Pursues Texting Law The Senate is currently considering two bills that would encourage states to pass laws curbing distracted driving. One bill offers a carrot-financial incentives to states that pass a distracted driving law; the other offers a stick-reduced federal highway funds to states that don’t.[Consumer Reports Cars]
By alexchasick November 4, 2009
- r u crashing? Could You Get Sued For Texting Someone While They Are Driving?
- no distracted driving here NHTSA Shames Distracted Drivers With #JustDrive Twitter Hashtag
- a breathalyzer for your phone New York Bill Would Require Drivers Involved In Crashes To Submit Phones To “Textalyzer”
- is it worth the cost? Provision In Highway Funding Bill Would Require The IRS To Use Private Debt Collectors
- tax this Senate Passes Bill Making Internet Tax Ban Permanent