Distracted Driving: Government Pursues Texting Law The Senate is currently considering two bills that would encourage states to pass laws curbing distracted driving. One bill offers a carrot-financial incentives to states that pass a distracted driving law; the other offers a stick-reduced federal highway funds to states that don’t.[Consumer Reports Cars]
By alexchasick November 4, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Could You Get Sued For Texting Someone While They Are Driving?
- New York Bill Would Require Drivers Involved In Crashes To Submit Phones To “Textalyzer”
- NHTSA Shames Distracted Drivers With #JustDrive Twitter Hashtag
- Provision In Highway Funding Bill Would Require The IRS To Use Private Debt Collectors
- Senate Passes Bill Making Internet Tax Ban Permanent