“More banks have failed in 2009 than the rest of the decade combined,” writes Ariel Nelson at CNBC. Today, Partners Bank in Naples, Florida closed its doors, making it the 100th bank to fail this year. Click the link to see a map of where bank failures have happened the most over the past 10 months.
100 Bank Failures And Counting!
By cwalters October 23, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Citizens Bank Must Pay $31.5M In Fines, Refunds For Failing To Credit Full Deposit Amounts
- Online Payday Lenders Could Be Worse Than Traditional Payday Lenders
- Federal Judge: Government Didn’t Prove MetLife Is ‘Too Big To Fail’
- Colleges Warned About Making Secret Deals With Credit Card Companies
- JPMorgan Chase To Pay $367 Million For Secretly Steering Clients To Investments That Benefited Bank