“More banks have failed in 2009 than the rest of the decade combined,” writes Ariel Nelson at CNBC. Today, Partners Bank in Naples, Florida closed its doors, making it the 100th bank to fail this year. Click the link to see a map of where bank failures have happened the most over the past 10 months.
100 Bank Failures And Counting!
By cwalters October 23, 2009
- the dangers of online lenders Online Payday Lenders Could Be Worse Than Traditional Payday Lenders
- conflict of interests Lawmakers Who Received Money From Wells Fargo Now Want Answers From Bank’s CEO
- pay up or shut up Bank Of America Must Pay Family $1 Million For 5 Years Of Unwanted Robocalls
- too big to fail Federal Judge: Government Didn’t Prove MetLife Is ‘Too Big To Fail’
- our bad Bank Regulator Knew Of Problems At Wells Fargo In 2010, Did Nothing