Reader Michael Dillon recently noticed that the Weather Channel’s “printable” 10-Day Forecast page isn’t exactly printer-friendly: it includes an ad that’s roughly 80 percent solid black. Printing it out would mean wasting ink. That ad is selling… (drumroll, please)… HP printer’s ink.
HP Sells Ink By Wasting It
By consumerist.com September 22, 2009
More From Consumerist
- EFF: HP Should Reverse Software Update, Actually Tell Customers About Planned Limitations
- Printer Ink Sale At Staples Excludes Ink For Most Printers
- HP Pushed Firmware That Makes Printers Reject Third-Party Ink Cartridges
- Walmart To Stop Price Matching Of Local Competitors’ Ads At 300 Additional Stores
- AdBlock Plus Goes Into The Business Of Selling Ads: Wait, What?