Reader Michael Dillon recently noticed that the Weather Channel’s “printable” 10-Day Forecast page isn’t exactly printer-friendly: it includes an ad that’s roughly 80 percent solid black. Printing it out would mean wasting ink. That ad is selling… (drumroll, please)… HP printer’s ink.
HP Sells Ink By Wasting It
By consumerist.com September 22, 2009
- third-party ink EFF: HP Should Reverse Software Update, Actually Tell Customers About Planned Limitations
- crappy coupons Printer Ink Sale At Staples Excludes Ink For Most Printers
- time bomb HP Pushed Firmware That Makes Printers Reject Third-Party Ink Cartridges
- an ad all of your own Google Wants To Use Your E-Mail Address To Provide Targeted Advertising
- business models Epson’s New Printer Line Doesn’t Require Ink Cartridges Every 5 Minutes