Heather at The Greenest Dollar read How We Decide by Jonah Lehrer earlier this summer, and it made her see Costco in an entirely new way. The point behind all that crazy luxury stuff for sale at Costco isn’t just to sell it, she says; it’s to prime your brain with feel-good dopamine so that you’re far more likely to splurge on the more affordable items deeper in the store.
Why Costco Taunts You With High-End Luxury Items
By cwalters September 18, 2009
- what about $2 pizza at tiffany's Federal Jury Awards Tiffany Another $8.2 Million In Costco Ring Dispute
- where are the free samples? Is Costco’s “Meh” Attitude Toward Online Sales Hubris Or Good Business?
- buy more things Even Loyal Costco Customers Aren’t Shopping Quite As Much
- great eggspectations Costco Executive Points To Record Sales Of Cage-Free Eggs As Evidence Of Progress
- american express AmEx Signs Deal With Boxed, Which Is Kind Of Like An Online Costco