Verizon announced it will limit handset exclusivity deals to 6 months, a bow to pleas by small wireless carriers, and in advance of possible Department of Justice action on its inquiries on the one-carrier deals for the iPhone, Pre and LG Voyager. In its announcement, Verizon noted 24 rural carriers had asked it to limit these anti-competitive deals. Yes, apparently there are that many small carriers still left.
Verizon Limits Handset Exclusivity To 6 Months
By Ben Popken July 17, 2009
- choose your own adventure Your Guide To The Major Carriers’ iPhone 6 Offers
- this call could not be completed Verizon Fined $2 Million For Failing To Investigate Rural Calling Problems
- what's the catch? Verizon Continues To Follow Others, Now Offers To Pay For Customers To Switch
- still doesn't work in andorra T-Mobile Enters iPhone Rental Wars With Bottom Price Of $5 Per Month
- jump around Upgrade Your Smartphone At Any Time With T-Mobile: With A Few Catches