If you’re looking for a good read tonight, try curling up with a cup of herbal tea, some Nilla Wafers, and the PDF of the House Health Reform bill. (warning: opens extremely large PDF) If 1,018 pages is too much reading for tonight, you can look over this one-page PDF on the public insurance option included in the bill, or read first impressions from Consumers Union and the Washington Post’s Ezra Klein. [Consumer Reports Health]
- Only Good Surprises Welcome California Assembly Passes Measure To Ensure Consumers Don’t Face Costly Surprise Medical Bills
- beware No Surprise Here: CFPB Finds Reverse Mortgage Ads Create False Impressions
- is it worth the cost? Provision In Highway Funding Bill Would Require The IRS To Use Private Debt Collectors
- Is There Still Hope? Bill Would Create Program To Notify Drivers Of Safety Recalls When Applying For Registration
- the times they are a-changing From Healthcare To Financial Protection: How Will The Trump White House Affect Consumers?