Bankrate shares 15 tips to protect your stash of cash while traveling abroad. Before leaving, strip down your wallet to the bare essentials, including a backup credit card, and make copies of all financial documents. While abroad, stash the copies and the backup card in your hotel safe, and take common-sense precautions like sticking to legitimate bank ATMs, and avoiding crowds. Hit the link for the rundown of all 15 tips.
15 Ways To Protect Your Money While Traveling
By consumeristcarey July 4, 2009
- cash only Average ATM Fees Hit Record High Of $4.52, Up 21% Over 5 Years
- up up and away Average ATM Fees Hit Record High For 10th Straight Year
- skimmer scammers 2 Men Accused Of Using ATM Skimmer To Take $500K From US Bank Customers
- protecting your plastic New Prepaid Debit Card Rules Add Protections, Improve Transparency; Take Effect Oct. 2017
- love lies Protect Your Heart (And Wallet) From These Valentine’s Day Scams