A cancer unit at the V.A Medical Center in Philadelphia “operated with virtually no outside scrutiny and botched 92 of 116 cancer treatments over a span of more than six years.” The team even continued to perform surgeries for a year after a key piece of equipment broke. [New York Times] (Photo: OakleyOriginals)
By cwalters June 22, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Cancer Centers Tripled Ad Spending In Last Decade; Are They Pushing Hope Or Hype?
- CDC Urges Primary Care Physicians To Stop Over-Prescribing Painkillers
- Jury Awards $72 Million In Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit
- Walgreens Closes Theranos Testing Centers In Arizona, Won’t Take Them Nationwide
- New York Sues Leukemia “Charity” For Allegedly Raising $10 Million Through Deception