Consumers Union’s take on President Obama’s proposed financial product safety commission “When consumers decide to make a financial commitment, they need to understand the bottom line before they sign their name on the dotted line. This plan helps consumers cut through the clutter and make educated decisions about their finances” [Consumer Reports Money]
By alexchasick June 17, 2009
More From Consumerist
- CFPB Releases Educational Guides To Help Non-English Speakers Avoid Scams, Understand Financial Issues
- 210 Law Professors Agree: Banks Should Not Be Able To Sidestep Legal System When They Break The Law
- FCC, CFPB Announce Nutrition-Like Labels For Broadband
- House Passes Bill Allowing Banks To Continue Using “Get Out Of Jail Free” Card
- Discover Card Program Rewards Students Who Get Good Grades. Is That Legal?