On behalf of the Bureau, we wanted to thank you for your interest and comment about redeeming bonds that are no longer gaining interest. We wanted to respond to your comment directly. Although Treasury Hunt only has bonds searchable from 1974 on, if you have a bond that was issued before that year, you can write a letter with as much information you have on the bonds, including the registration information (names[s]) and address and approximate issues date[s]) to:

Bureau of the Public Debt
P.O. Box 7012
Parkersburg, WV 26106-7012

If bonds records are found, the Bureau will provide you with information on how to claim the redemption value.