Find the hidden ingredients lurking in your personal-care products. Think the “Ingredients” section of a product’s label tells you all you need to know? Not so fast. ShopSmart points out that certain chemicals that are considered byproducts of other ingredients may not show up on the label. These include possible carcinogens, such as formaldehyde and 1,4-dioxane. Yum. [ShopSmart]
- you're either in or you're out Personal Care Companies Say It’s Not About What’s In Beauty Products These Days, It’s About What Isn’t
- baby shampoo Formaldehyde In Baby Shampoo Isn’t As Scary As It Sounds
- this is way too easy Anyone Can Make & Market A Dietary Supplement, Including Consumer Reports
- what's in your food Which Other Restaurants Have Dough Conditioner Azodicarbonamide On The Menu?
- what's in that? Target Unveils Policy Aimed At Removing Potentially Harmful Chemicals From Products