Find the hidden ingredients lurking in your personal-care products. Think the “Ingredients” section of a product’s label tells you all you need to know? Not so fast. ShopSmart points out that certain chemicals that are considered byproducts of other ingredients may not show up on the label. These include possible carcinogens, such as formaldehyde and 1,4-dioxane. Yum. [ShopSmart]
More From Consumerist
- Personal Care Companies Say It’s Not About What’s In Beauty Products These Days, It’s About What Isn’t
- Walmart Encourages Suppliers To Remove 8 Controversial Chemicals From Products
- Beer Biggies Agree To List Calories, Carbs & (Maybe) Ingredients On Bottles
- Does Jessica Alba’s Honest Co. Detergent Contain Chemical It Guarantees It Won’t Use?
- General Mills Will Label GMO Products; Calls For National Labeling Standard