President Obama is poised to sign the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act this afternoon. Everyone celebrate by buying lots of steaks and hot dogs and fireworks this weekend. In cash. [AP] (Photo: northernplateguy)
President To Sign CARD Act This Afternoon
By Ben Popken May 22, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Discover Card Program Rewards Students Who Get Good Grades. Is That Legal?
- Report: Credit Card Reforms Saved Consumers $16B In Six Years
- American Express Automatically Switched Me To Paperless Statements; Is That Legal?
- Retailers Have Chip-Enabled Card Readers, Aren’t Actually Turning Them On
- Yes, You Can Rent-To-Own A Dog & It’s Expensive