This is the weirdest weather map you’ve ever seen. Sort of. It shows the solar power capacity of different regions of the U.S. It’s the coolest-looking slide from an interactive map compiled by NPR to illustrate this week’s series about America’s power grid. It shows power sources and where they’re located, and also the larger infrastructure that carries our electricity from those sources to our homes.
Power Trip: Interactive Map Shows the U.S. Electric Grid
By Laura Northrup May 1, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Here’s A Map Of Where Scientists Have Found Mosquitoes Capable Of Carrying Zika In The U.S.
- Data Shows Borrowers With Less Student Loan Debt More Likely To Default
- Power Company Keeps Billing House That Was Destroyed In Tornado
- Whole Foods Installing Rooftop Solar Panels At Up To 100 Stores
- Where Is McDonald’s Offering All-Day Breakfast Biscuits Or McMuffins? Here’s Your Map