In 2006, the State Department reported terrorism killed 28 US citizens. That same year, the CDC estimated obesity killed 112,000. Picking up where Supersize Me left off, Steven Greenstreet’s doc Killer at Large tries to figure out how we got this fat this fast. I haven’t seen the full film but I’m guessing HFCS getting splooged into everything is a major culprit. No, it’s not a question of HFCS vs Sugar, it’s the sweetening of nearly every product in America, a trend that just happened to be concurrent with the surge in the use of HFCS.
Obesity, The Terrorist Threat Within
By Ben Popken April 7, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Why Hasn’t McDonald’s Gotten Rid Of Artificial Additives In The Big Mac’s Special Sauce?
- Big Corn & Big Sugar Confidentially Settle 4-Year-Old False Advertising Lawsuit
- 6 Things You Should Know About The New Federal Dietary Guidelines
- Cheap, Easy-To-Buy USB Device Can Literally Fry Your Computer (Or Anything Else)
- Now You Can Take Your Kids To The “Krispy Kreme Challenge” Clinic