Here’s a good way to save a bundle on your bundle of joy – share a sitter with a neighbor. By dropping off her 15-month-old at a neighbor’s place 4 days a week, Real Simple reader Maureen Dempsey says she saves ~$400 a month. The article doesn’t specify it but I imagine babysitter watches both kids at the same time for a little bit more but not as much as hiring two separate sitters. Plus Maureen’s kid also gets to interact with another kid at the same time. Surviving the recession is all about working together and splitting up costs. [via Real Simple] (Photo: Ordinary Guy)
Split A Sitter, Save A Bundle
By Ben Popken February 25, 2009
- sportscenter no more Would You Ditch ESPN To Shave $8/Month Off Your Cable Bill?
- the online era Comcast Excited To Have Lost 4,000 TV Subscribers This Spring
- getting the sale Walmart Urging Customers To “Cut The Cable” With Promo
- not quite a la carte Dish Offering More Flexible Pick-And-Choose Channel Packages. Is It Worth It?
- bill guides The Consumerist Guide To Understanding Your AT&T U-verse Bill