When Fosters-owned Cascade beer (different from regular Fosters in that it tastes decent) switched to 330ml from 375ml while charging the same price, consumers let their discontent be known in a highly visible fashion: they stopped buying it. Fosters reported a 33% drop in sales and some retailers reported up to a 50% drop. In response to the steep drop-off, Fosters is going back to 375ml, the standard size for canned beers in Australia.
Cascade Beer Drinkers Defeat Grocery Shrink Ray
By Ben Popken February 24, 2009
- the booze biz 8 States With The Strangest Alcohol Laws
- fun with labels Judge: Beer Drinkers Can’t Sue Red Stripe For “Jamaican Style” Beer Brewed In The U.S.
- gobbling up the craft beer market Here Are The 8 U.S. Craft Brewers Bought By Anheuser-Busch Since 2011
- reverse shrink ray Rare Grocery Growth Ray Sighting At Costco: Detergent Grows By 10 Pods
- yumm plastic Foster Farms Recalls 220K Pounds Of Chicken Nuggets, Because Plastic And Rubber Are Not Tasty