Some health insurance plans marketed as “affordable” are as affordable as buying a “cheap” car that doesn’t have any wheels or seats. While the price is low, they can offer extremely limited coverage. One plan for instance, has a max of 30 hospital days at a max of $750. I think that about covers the cost of getting pushed from your room to the OR. for what to look for when considering these plans.
"Affordable" Health Insurance Can End Up Costing Big Bucks
By Ben Popken February 23, 2009
- affordable care act How American Health Insurance Policy Affects A Swiss Breast Pump Maker
- get well... pay more Why Emergency Rooms Are A Hotbed For Surprise Medical Bills
- get well... pay more $164 Per Mile: Surprise Ambulance Bills Are A Growing Problem & Difficult To Avoid
- let's ask scotus Supreme Court To Hear Another Challenge To Affordable Care Act Contraception Rules
- gaming the system Patients Say UnitedHealth Illegally Overcharged For Prescription Drugs