Some health insurance plans marketed as “affordable” are as affordable as buying a “cheap” car that doesn’t have any wheels or seats. While the price is low, they can offer extremely limited coverage. One plan for instance, has a max of 30 hospital days at a max of $750. I think that about covers the cost of getting pushed from your room to the OR. for what to look for when considering these plans.
"Affordable" Health Insurance Can End Up Costing Big Bucks
By Ben Popken February 23, 2009
- Who's Going To Pay? Hospitals To Congress: Keep Obamacare Or Restore Billions In Payments To Cover Uninsured
- the bad kind of surprise Insurance Loopholes & Master Pricing: How Surprise Medical Bills Knock Consumers Down
- That's a big bill Hospital Tells Family To Not Worry About $31,000 Medical Bill; Sends Bill Anyway
- affordable care act How American Health Insurance Policy Affects A Swiss Breast Pump Maker
- turn your head and amend Hospital, Doctors Groups Say They Can’t Support Current Obamacare Replacement Proposal