Some health insurance plans marketed as “affordable” are as affordable as buying a “cheap” car that doesn’t have any wheels or seats. While the price is low, they can offer extremely limited coverage. One plan for instance, has a max of 30 hospital days at a max of $750. I think that about covers the cost of getting pushed from your room to the OR. for what to look for when considering these plans.
"Affordable" Health Insurance Can End Up Costing Big Bucks
By Ben Popken February 23, 2009
- affordable care act How American Health Insurance Policy Affects A Swiss Breast Pump Maker
- wait a minute Letter From Anthem BlueCross BlueShield Presumes I Don’t Understand Affordable Care Act
- who's covered? Percentage Of Adults Without Health Insurance Hits New Low
- The Worst Kind of Surprise Nearly 1-In-3 Privately Insured Americans Received A Surprise Medical Bill In Last Two Years
- wealth care Patient Faces Bankruptcy After Ambulance Takes Her To Out-Of-Network Hospital