With a vote of 264-158, the House agreed to delay the DTV transition to June 12. The Senate voted last week for the delay, and President Obama is expected to sign it. The delay will help the millions of consumers whose coupons expired before the converters were even available, as well as the two million on a waiting list for the coupons.
By alexchasick February 4, 2009
More From Consumerist
- FCC Adopts Rule Saying Your Phone Company Actually Has To Tell You Before They Kill Your Copper Landline
- Lay’s Wants Me To Try Their New BBQ Chips, Sends Me Expired Coupon
- FCC-Limiting, Net-Neutrality-Scuttling Bill Passes House
- Verizon, Sprint Customers Have Until Dec. 31 To Claim A Piece Of The $158M Cramming Settlement Pie
- Expansion Of Military Lending Act Closes Loopholes Exploited By Predatory Lenders