With a vote of 264-158, the House agreed to delay the DTV transition to June 12. The Senate voted last week for the delay, and President Obama is expected to sign it. The delay will help the millions of consumers whose coupons expired before the converters were even available, as well as the two million on a waiting list for the coupons.
By alexchasick February 4, 2009
- speak freely House Passes Bill Outlawing “Gag Clauses” That Try To Punish Customers For Writing Negative Reviews
- waiting and waiting and waiting IKEA Customers Continue To Report Issues With Massive Malm Dresser Recall
- all in a day's work FCC-Limiting, Net-Neutrality-Scuttling Bill Passes House
- another day in DC Popular E-Mail Privacy Bill May Get Unpopular, Privacy-Reducing Amendments In Senate
- that was fast Congress Passes Bill Outlawing Vermont’s GMO Labels, Replacing Them With Barcodes