With a vote of 264-158, the House agreed to delay the DTV transition to June 12. The Senate voted last week for the delay, and President Obama is expected to sign it. The delay will help the millions of consumers whose coupons expired before the converters were even available, as well as the two million on a waiting list for the coupons.
By alexchasick February 4, 2009
- the very slow end of an era FCC Adopts Rule Saying Your Phone Company Actually Has To Tell You Before They Kill Your Copper Landline
- you are almost free to speak your mind Bill Outlawing “Gag Clauses” That Punish Customers For Writing Negative Reviews Goes To President
- jedi sadly absent Congress One Step Closer To Granting Fast-Track Authority For Passing Mysterious Trans-Pacific Trade Treaty
- Protecting Those Who Protect Us House Panel Strikes Provision That Would Delay Added Military Lending Act Protections
- first things first Trump Executive Order Directs Federal Agencies To Scale Back Obamacare; Could Remove Individual Mandate