Either Google has a bug or the entire internet is infected because no matter what you search for in Google right now it shows up with the warning, “This site may harm your computer.” Judging by the submissions to Digg, this probably started showing up around 9:46 eastern this morning. Nobody knows what’s going on yet, just that it’s very odd. UPDATE: And of 10:17 eastern, everything seems back to normal. You may recommence your early morning vanity searching. UPDATE: Human error. Someone typed in “/” by mistake. More info at StopBadware.com.
Every Google Result Is Malicious
By Ben Popken January 31, 2009
- keeping the warning up Google To Warn Users Of Sites Repeatedly Infected With Malware
- There Seems To Be A Problem Here Millions Of Users In The Dark When Hijackers Take Down TweetDeck
- internet of poorly-secured things Your Home Router Was Probably Out-Of-Date And Insecure Before You Even Plugged It In
- bad news United Airlines’ Computer System Back Up, Delays Linger Nationwide [Update]
- your computer may be infected Feds Shut Down Phony Apple, Microsoft, Google Tech Support Scammers