President Obama has ordered the EPA to allow states set their own fuel-efficiency standards (fourteen states had begun the process when President Bush put a stop to it a couple of years ago.) He’s also asked the DOT to “develop higher fuel-efficiency standards automakers would have to follow.” [USA Today]
By cwalters January 26, 2009
- examining the scope Mitsubishi Admits Falsifying Fuel Data On Some Vehicles For Nearly 25 Years
- fuel efficiency v. emissions quality Why Did Volkswagen Only Rig Emissions Systems On Diesel Cars?
- problems here too? U.S. Investigating Mitsubishi Over Falsified Fuel Mileage Data
- volkswagen Report: VW Knew About Fuel Efficiency Discrepancies A Year Ago
- Looking For Recourse West Virginia Sues VW Over Deceptive Advertising For Vehicles Equipped With “Defeat Devices”