President Obama has ordered the EPA to allow states set their own fuel-efficiency standards (fourteen states had begun the process when President Bush put a stop to it a couple of years ago.) He’s also asked the DOT to “develop higher fuel-efficiency standards automakers would have to follow.” [USA Today]
By cwalters January 26, 2009
- Skirting The Rules Volkswagen Ordered To Recall 500K Vehicles Over Emission Violations
- examining the scope Mitsubishi Admits Falsifying Fuel Data On Some Vehicles For Nearly 25 Years
- paying the price Kia, Hyundai Agree To Pay $41.2M To 33 States & D.C. Over Fuel Economy Issues
- fuel efficiency v. emissions quality Why Did Volkswagen Only Rig Emissions Systems On Diesel Cars?
- know your option Yes, Owners Of Recalled Volkswagens Can File Deceptive Marketing Complaints With The FTC