Last night, Southwest reduced airfare on 56 destination going to and from Minneapolis, starting March 9, 2009. Look for this to set off a nice pricewar that will benefit travelers’ pocketbooks. For instance, their new one-way between Minneapolis and Chicago will be $69. Farecompare’s Rick Seaney predicts that the legacy airlines will react by slashing prices, adding flights, and possibly dropping those dread 2 night minimum stay round trip fares in favor of straight one-ways. Rick says he’ll be posting a total airfare schedule rundown later today on his blog, rickseaney.com.
Southwest Reduces Airfare On 56 Destinations From Minneapolis
By Ben Popken November 6, 2008
- discountapalooza Airfare Deals Popping Up In Some Cities As Airlines Try To Fill More Seats
- the unfriendly skies The $100 Carry-On Bag Fee & Other Airline Charges You Can Avoid
- it was bound to happen Delta, American, United & Southwest Face Passenger Lawsuits Over Alleged Collusion For Higher Airfares
- what's the catch? Southwest’s “No Gotchas” Airfare Sale Comes With Its Fair Share Of Gotchas
- where's my cut? Why Do Airfares Keep Going Up While Airlines’ Fuel Costs Go Down?