At first glance, this ad for CreditReportAmerica seems to have the credit score system reversed, with 350-619 listed as “excellent” and 750-840 listed as “poor”…but then you realize it’s actually a graphical depiction of the system shady mortgage brokers used to get when whoring up the sub-prime mortgage orgy. Travel blogger Mark Ashley says he spotted the ad on the frontpage of Yahoo Finance. At the bottom, the ad says the service does not include credit scores. Remember folks, the place to get a free credit report is annualcreditreport.com.
A World Where A 340 FICO Is "Excellent"
By Ben Popken October 31, 2008
- the times they are a-changing Medical Debt Still Stinks, But New Credit Score Change Will Make It Hurt Your Life Less
- less is mortgage 3 Things That Won’t (Or At Least Shouldn’t) Affect Your Mortgage Pre-Approval
- just a number? Discover Giving Free FICO Scores To All Cardholders, But Are They Actually Useful?
- Helping Or Hurting Consumers? Potential FICO Credit Score Changes Could Hurt, Rather Than Help Some Consumers’ Creditworthiness
- Free Credit Score For You And You And You CFPB To Credit Card Companies: Put Free Credit Scores On Monthly Statements