At first glance, this ad for CreditReportAmerica seems to have the credit score system reversed, with 350-619 listed as “excellent” and 750-840 listed as “poor”…but then you realize it’s actually a graphical depiction of the system shady mortgage brokers used to get when whoring up the sub-prime mortgage orgy. Travel blogger Mark Ashley says he spotted the ad on the frontpage of Yahoo Finance. At the bottom, the ad says the service does not include credit scores. Remember folks, the place to get a free credit report is annualcreditreport.com.
A World Where A 340 FICO Is "Excellent"
By Ben Popken October 31, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Would You Break Up With Someone For Having A Bad Credit Score?
- Nearly 200 Former ITT Students Refusing To Pay Student Loans, But Is That A Good Idea?
- Two Reasons Anyone Who Remembers The Recession Had A Problem With Quicken Loans’ Super Bowl Ad
- Google Bans Payday Loan Ads In Search Results
- Some Banks Offering Tech Employees Mortgages With No Down Payment