Red Tape Chronicles reports on how AT&T internet decided to announce a change of its Terms of Service (ToS) via email. Some of the policies were contentious enough for some, but then many customers didn’t even receive the email, because AT&T’s own filters marked it as spam. Its questionable whether you can announce you’re changing someone’s contract by email fiat, especially if your own system prevents them from even receiving the message in the first place.
ATT Filters Own ToS Changes As Spam
By Ben Popken October 23, 2008
- i am spam Google Doesn’t Recognize Itself Anymore, Marks Own Email As Spam
- everyone hates robocalls AT&T Launching New Tool To Let Some Wireless Customers Block Robocalls Some Of The Time
- oh really? AT&T CEO: Letting Us Buy Time Warner Will “Disrupt” TV, Be “Good For Consumers”
- less than zero-rating FCC Warns AT&T, Verizon That Sponsored Data Programs May Harm Consumers
- dispatches from the death star AT&T’s Remaining Unlimited Data Customers Getting $5/Month Rate Hike In 2016