“Financial illiteracy has reached epidemic levels.” Author Braun Mincher has an editorial in the Austin American-Statesman on why every school in the U.S. should teach financial literacy. [Statesman]
By cwalters September 18, 2008
More From Consumerist
- College Financial Service Provider Higher One To Pay More Than $55M In Fines, Refunds For Misleading Students
- Bank-Backed Lawmakers Accuse CFPB Of Hurting Consumers By Trying To Regulate Payday Loans
- Banks Making $17B A Year From Fees For Overdrafts & Insufficient Funds
- College-Bound Students Are Unprepared For Financial Burden Of Loans. What Needs To Change?
- Google Bans Payday Loan Ads In Search Results