The rip-off site “freecreditreport.com” has a new competitor, and it’s running fear-mongering spots on the “we’ll air any commercial” cable nets (by which we mean G4). Freetriplescore.com warns you that your credit score can keep you from getting a job! But they’ll give you you “free” scores from the big three credit reporting agencies if you sign up for their $30 per month membership plan. Remember, the only “free” credit report website you should ever use is AnnualCreditReport.com. For free credit scores, on the other hand, check out Ben’s post.
FreeTripleScore.com Will Cost You $30 Per Month
By cwalters September 2, 2008
- transunion Equifax, TransUnion To Pay $23M For Misleading Consumers About Credit Monitoring
- Helping Or Hurting Consumers? Potential FICO Credit Score Changes Could Hurt, Rather Than Help Some Consumers’ Creditworthiness
- That's Not Helping Credit Repair Service Accused Of Misleading Customers, Charging Illegal Fees
- Free Credit Scores For Real? New Legislation Aims To Ensure Accurate Credit Reports, Provide Free Credit Scores
- rental scams Feds Halt Phony Rental Home Scheme That Raked In Millions In Bogus Credit Check Fees