The world’s greatest bank thief is in custody. For ripping off over 45.7 million consumer’s credit cards from TJ Maxx, and other retailers, authorities pressed charges on Miami mastermind Albert Gonzalez and 11 others. The stolen numbers were sold to other scammers who manufactured fake debit cards and drained their victims’ accounts. The breach stemmed mainly from TJ Maxx stores using an unsecured wireless router.
TJX Credit Card Theft Crew Busted
By Ben Popken August 5, 2008
- great expectations TJ Maxx Parent Company Considering Opening Thousands More Stores
- bucking the retail trend Why Are Home Depot & TJ Maxx Bringing In Customers Other Retailers Can’t?
- where credit is due Banks Mail Out Pre-Activated Credit Cards, Don’t See The Problem
- is anyone listening to me Who Am I Supposed To Call When My Credit Card Info Is Stolen?
- skimmer scammers 2 Men Accused Of Using ATM Skimmer To Take $500K From US Bank Customers