The world’s greatest bank thief is in custody. For ripping off over 45.7 million consumer’s credit cards from TJ Maxx, and other retailers, authorities pressed charges on Miami mastermind Albert Gonzalez and 11 others. The stolen numbers were sold to other scammers who manufactured fake debit cards and drained their victims’ accounts. The breach stemmed mainly from TJ Maxx stores using an unsecured wireless router.
TJX Credit Card Theft Crew Busted
By Ben Popken August 5, 2008
- just say no Credit Cards From Amazon, Office Depot, Staples, Best Buy, Toys R Us Have Highest APRs
- enter your pin number at the atm machine ID Thieves Don’t Need PINs To Withdraw Cash From Debit Cards Stolen From Home Depot
- credit card breaches Offering Credit Monitoring After A Breach Is Good PR, Not Helpful To Consumers
- c'mon man Bank CEO Rips Walmart For Allowing ID Thieves To Spend $12K Without Anyone Noticing
- scamalamadingdong Fraudulent WEBLEARN Debit/Credit Card Charges Possibly Linked To Earlier “$9.84” Scam