As the new FISA bill—the one that grants retroactive immunity to wiretapping telcos—moves closer to a final vote in the Senate (and a threatened filibuster), Ars Technica looks at the money. AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint donated double the amount to House Democrats who supported the bill than to those who opposed it. [Ars Technica]
By cwalters June 26, 2008
- can you bill me now Curious Which Mobile Phone Bills Are Highest? Survey Says: Verizon!
- who's listening now? Patriot Act’s NSA Phone-Snooping Program Expires (For Now)
- big bugs New Exploit Leaves Up To 600M Samsung Galaxy Phones Vulnerable To Hack
- matchy matchy FiOS Goes Symmetrical: Verizon To Offer Same Upload, Download Speeds
- net neutrality Pro-ISP Bill To Block FCC From Using Title II For Internet Introduced In Congress