Home Depot has started a nationwide compact flourescent light bulb recycling program. “At each The Home Depot store, customers can simply bring in any expired, unbroken CFL bulbs, and give them to the store associate behind the returns desk.” CFL bulbs contain mercury and can be damaging to the environment if thrown into regular landfills. [New York Times]
By cwalters June 25, 2008
- out with the old in with the new GE To Phase Out CFL Bulbs In Favor Of LED
- shopping smart The Best & Worst Store-Brand Deals At Lowe’s, Home Depot & Sears
- Keeping Its Promise IKEA To Sell Only LED Lighting Starting September 1
- Recycling The Wrong Way Woman Receives Home Depot Package With Fire Starter, Tons Of Shredded Checks, Bank Statements
- would you like recycled fries with that? Would You Like To Be Able To Buy A Big Mac With Empty Soda & Beer Cans?