Home Depot has started a nationwide compact flourescent light bulb recycling program. “At each The Home Depot store, customers can simply bring in any expired, unbroken CFL bulbs, and give them to the store associate behind the returns desk.” CFL bulbs contain mercury and can be damaging to the environment if thrown into regular landfills. [New York Times]
By cwalters June 25, 2008
- out with the old in with the new GE To Phase Out CFL Bulbs In Favor Of LED
- shopping smart The Best & Worst Store-Brand Deals At Lowe’s, Home Depot & Sears
- Clean Out Your Medicine Cabinet 6 Easy Ways To Get Rid Of Unused Medication
- Keeping Its Promise IKEA To Sell Only LED Lighting Starting September 1
- why pay full price? Would You Switch Utility Providers For Free Nest Thermostat?