Consumers are responding to higher priced goods buy buying more private label items, says a Citibank analyst. The increase in market share is small—private labels occupy less than 12%—but significant enough to note for investors. Are you buying more private labels at the grocery store? [Reuters]
By cwalters June 9, 2008
- new kid on the block Amazon Planning To Sell Groceries, Diapers Under Its Private Label
- amazon-o's Amazon Brand Coffee And Cereal May Soon Be Coming To An Internet Near You
- mergers FTC Challenges Sysco Acquisition Of US Foods
- beer goggles Lawsuit Claims Walmart’s Private Label Craft Beer Is “Wholesale Fiction”
- the g word Why Is Food That Doesn’t Contain Any Grains Labeled ‘Gluten-Free’?
Previous Better Return Policy, Customer Service Available To Best Buy Customers Who Spend $2,500 Per Year