To deal with pumps that don’t have enough numbers on them to go above $3.99 per gallon, some gas station owners are selling gas by the half-gallon. Another problem is that pumps with dials on them are wearing out faster as the dials have to spin faster to keep up as the dollars per second coming out of the pump is greater. There is a seventeen-week backlog for replacement pumps that let the price show above $3.99.
Some Gas Stations Resort To Half-Gallon Pricing
By Ben Popken May 29, 2008
- gas gratitude 42 Million Drivers Likely Grateful They’ll Be Paying Lowest Thanksgiving Gas Prices Since 2008
- it's really happening You Can Buy Gas For Under $2 Per Gallon In At Least 12 States Right Now
- don't pay at the pump Cops Have To Shut Down Pump After $.011/Gallon Gas Glitch
- Are The Rewards Really Worth It? Gasoline Credit Cards Might Not Be Worth The Hassle, High Interest Rates
- less pain at the pump Gas Prices Get Low, Stay Low: You Could Be Paying Under $2 Per Gallon Soon
Previous Microsoft: Replace Your XBOX 360? "Sorry, We Can't Help You. Buy All Of Your Content A Second Time"