Hey everybody, meet our new writer, Jay Slatkin. After running The Consumerist Forums for over a year just because he wanted to, Jay had put in enough sweat equity that we figured he deserved a shot on the front page. Jay was born in Michigan where he lives today. He comes from a background which includes a stint as an airline pilot and more recently property management. He received his BA from University of Colorado and still holds his Commercial Pilot flight certificate. The Verizon Can’t Count story is what got him hooked on The Consumerist. He’s been doing great, displaying a knack for picking out great reader stories. Maybe all that time toiling in the forum mines taught him how to dig for gold. Please give me a hand in giving Jay a warm Consumerist welcome!
By Ben Popken May 12, 2008
Tagged With: psas
- breaking the rules Pilot Flying As An American Airlines Passenger Caught On Video Texting During Takeoff
- buyer beware Pilots Warn Amazon Shoppers That Holiday Packages May Be Delayed
- stopping the Shortage Airlines Could Start Running Out Of New Pilots By Decade’s End
- back to work In Time For Black Friday, Judge Issues Restraining Order Against Striking Pilots At Amazon-Backed Cargo Line
- scamalamadingdong American, Delta Sue Operators Of Scammy Travel Clubs