Fertilizer prices have shot upwards in the past five years as manufacturers have been unable to keep up with demand. The demand is driven by an increase in biofuel production, and a growing appetite for red meat in developing countries. The end result is that it now costs an extra $1.00 now to get a slice from my the pizza place around the corner from me. [NYT]
- drug-free mcnuggets Can New McDonald’s CEO Turn Tide Against Antibiotic Abuse In Farm Animals?
- who's hungry? Loosen Your Belt, It’s Time For The 9 Most Calorie-Filled Restaurant Meals Of 2015!
- china Pizza Hut Is Losing Sales In U.S., Doing Awesome Everywhere Else
- where's the beef Consumers Want To Eat More Local Beef, But There Aren’t Enough Butchers These Days
- flying green Alaska Airlines Testing Flights With Fuel Made From Fermented Corn