Fertilizer prices have shot upwards in the past five years as manufacturers have been unable to keep up with demand. The demand is driven by an increase in biofuel production, and a growing appetite for red meat in developing countries. The end result is that it now costs an extra $1.00 now to get a slice from my the pizza place around the corner from me. [NYT]
- who's hungry? Loosen Your Belt, It’s Time For The 9 Most Calorie-Filled Restaurant Meals Of 2015!
- drug-free mcnuggets Can New McDonald’s CEO Turn Tide Against Antibiotic Abuse In Farm Animals?
- flying green Alaska Airlines Testing Flights With Fuel Made From Fermented Corn
- all things in moderation Presenting The 9 Most Calorie-Filled Chain Restaurant Meals Of 2014!
- pizza Pizzeria Lets Customers Donate Extra Slices To Homeless And Hungry Visitors