What does it take to get hungry, naive, and cash-strapped college students to sign up for crappy credit cards at on-campus booths? Not much. Based on a survey of over 1500 college students, here is the list of the most common and their percentage as documented by the Public Interest Research Group in a new campaign available on their microsite, truthaboutcredit.org. Nothing like a tshirt with a 23% APR.
Trinkets Entice College Students To Sign Up For Crappy Credit Cards
By consumerist.com March 28, 2008
- out in the open Colleges Warned About Making Secret Deals With Credit Card Companies
- hook 'em early Cheap Prime, On-Campus Kiosks Meant To Get College Students Hooked On Amazon
- just say no Store-Branded Credit Cards Charge Upwards Of 29% Interest
- know your options Amazon & Wells Fargo Hope That A Partnership And Discounts Will Entice You Into A Private Student Loan
- knowing before you owe Know Before You Owe Mountains Of Student Loan Debt