For the retail managers lurking here: an analysis of data from a “US specialty retailer” shows that not reducing staff during lean times leads to an increase in profit margins. [The Times South Africa]
By cwalters March 11, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Stores Are Crammed With Unsold Merchandise, Especially Clothes
- Empty Shelves Explained: Walmart’s Expansion Greatly Outpaced Its Hiring
- Clothing And Accessories Now The Biggest Category In E-Commerce
- Sears Holdings Cares More About Wall Street Than About Customers, And That’s Why It’s Doomed
- Why Is JCPenney Trying To Be More Like Sears, When So Many Sears Stores Are Closing?