The Humane Society of America has sued the USDA in an attempt to close a loophole that allows downer cows who aren’t otherwise ill into the food supply. They claim the loophole increases the risk of introducing mad cow disease to humans, and leads to abuse against the cattle—like with, oh, say, a forklift. [Wall Street Journal]
By cwalters February 28, 2008
- beef beefs Appeals Court: Insurance Doesn’t Have To Pay For 2008 Burrito Recall
- food safety How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?
- no superbugs in our superbirds Lawmakers Call On USDA To Reduce Farmers’ Reliance On Antibiotics In Chickens
- what's your beef? 5 Ground Beef Labels To Look Out For & What They Mean
- actually about dogs Evanger’s Dog Food Recalled Due To Contamination With Euthanasia Drug: Wait, What?