False reports have circulated that the stimulus checks are an advance on your tax rebate and were going to cut into your tax rebate. That’s not the whole story. Yes, it’s an advance, but it’s an advance on an additional credit Congress passed for your 2008 earned income. It’s too late to do that for 2007, seeing as it’s already over. “So the government is making me borrow from myself?!?!?” No. Congress is giving your 2009 self a $600 credit, and is sending that $600 back in time by one year.
Stimulus Checks Will Not Cut Into Your Rebate
By consumerist.com February 13, 2008
- ch-ch-ch-ch-changes Changes To TurboTax Lead To Consumer Revolt, Opportunity For Competitors
- signing your life away Feds Warn Consumers Against Taking Pension Advances
- crime might pay Sen. Elizabeth Warren: $465M Mylan EpiPen Settlement Is “Shamefully Weak… Shockingly Soft”
- same drug... fewer ads The EpiPen Generic Is Finally Here, For $300 Per Twin-Pack
- don't be taken in As Floods Ravage Louisiana, Here’s How To Avoid Home Repair & Charity Scams