What the hell? The Center for Science in the Public Interest and the Corn Refiners Association (representing the producers of high-fructose corn syrup) actually agree on something. Both the CSPI and the CRA have sent a joint letter to San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom, objecting to a proposed tax that would only apply to soft drinks sweetened with HFCS. The CSPI and the CRA both agree, “the idea that high-fructose corn syrup is more harmful than sugar is an “urban myth.” [CSPI]
- unnaturally delicious E-Mail Shows Big Corn Exec Wary Of Using “Natural” To Describe High-Fructose Corn Syrup
- this is how the lawsuit ends... Big Corn & Big Sugar Confidentially Settle 4-Year-Old False Advertising Lawsuit
- so long stevia Sierra Mist Performs Another Sweetener Switcharoo, Angers Fans Again
- stuck in the past Why Hasn’t McDonald’s Gotten Rid Of Artificial Additives In The Big Mac’s Special Sauce?
- ch-ch-changes Hershey Considering Replacing High-Fructose Corn Syrup With Sugar In Some Products