The Senate Commerce Committee issued a bold press release aggressively backing FCC Commissioner Michael Copps’ contention that the nation is woefully unprepared for the pending transition to digital television. The release is a stunning rebuke to the FCC and the Commerce Department, which have dickered over responsibility for the ongoing transition. The Committee plans to hold a hearing on February 14 to find out just what content should, under ideal circumstances, go here. Full release, after the jump.
Introducing The Most Accurate Press Release Ever Published
By consumeristcarey February 2, 2008
- broken records House Committee Asks Same Net Neutrality Questions As The 4 Previous Committees
- net neutrality Congress Lines Up FCC Commissioners-Turned-Lobbyists For Hearing To Say Why Congress’s Bad Net Neutrality Proposal Is Great
- politics FCC Explains Cable Set-Top Box Proposal, Everything Else It Does To Senate (Again)
- politics FCC, Congress Go At It About Pretty Much Everything Once Again
- not gonna happen Mylan Execs Decline To Testify At Senate EpiPen Hearing On $465M Settlement