The Senate Commerce Committee issued a bold press release aggressively backing FCC Commissioner Michael Copps’ contention that the nation is woefully unprepared for the pending transition to digital television. The release is a stunning rebuke to the FCC and the Commerce Department, which have dickered over responsibility for the ongoing transition. The Committee plans to hold a hearing on February 14 to find out just what content should, under ideal circumstances, go here. Full release, after the jump.
Introducing The Most Accurate Press Release Ever Published
By consumeristcarey February 2, 2008
- politics FCC, Congress Go At It About Pretty Much Everything Once Again
- politics FCC Explains Cable Set-Top Box Proposal, Everything Else It Does To Senate (Again)
- horse barn door etc Senators Once Again Introduce Bill To Try To Stop FCC And Net Neutrality
- war of words Congressional Committee Grills FCC About The Way They Do The Things They Do
- dissent Net Neutrality Survives For Today, But The Legal Battle Is Far From Over