Here’s another fraudulent charge to watch out: charges in the amount of $9.45 or $9.40 from your checking account from an “advertising company” called HBS. A reader says it happened to him, and when he searched online, he found others, a good number of whom had ordered credit reports from Equifax… [800notes]
By consumerist.com January 21, 2008
- scamalamadingdong Fraudulent WEBLEARN Debit/Credit Card Charges Possibly Linked To Earlier “$9.84” Scam
- a card by any other number Card Canceled After Target Data Breach Hit With Fraudulent Charge Anyway
- is anyone listening to me Who Am I Supposed To Call When My Credit Card Info Is Stolen?
- fraud Report: Scammers Breach Starbucks Accounts, Refill And Drain Gift Card Balances
- oh brother Happy Holidays: Target & Secret Service Investigating Credit/Debit Card Breach