How to cancel dead parent’s credit cards. Remember that when closing down a deceased relative’s accounts, any outstanding balances are to paid by their estate, not their heirs. [Kiplinger]
More From Consumerist
- The Grim But Necessary Art Of Closing Accounts For Dead Family Members & Loved Ones
- Why Did Two Of My Kohl’s Store Credit Card Payments Go Missing?
- Chase Credit Card Settlement Halts Collections On 528,000 Accounts
- Dish Wants $400 To Let Daughter Cancel Dead Mom’s Account
- Citibank Must Pay $700M Over Illegal Marketing, Collection Practices