If you’re serious about keeping your personal information safe, then make sure you wipe your computer’s hard drive with something like Eraser or Darik’s Boot and Nuke (DBAN) (both free) before handing it off to a friend, family member, or random stranger. [New York Times]
By cwalters January 4, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Amtrak Will Now Start Enforcing Baggage Limits
- Would You Ever Want To Hang Out With Your Airbnb Host/Guests?
- Study: 78% Of Resold Drives Still Contain Readable Personal Or Business Data
- The 8.5 Steps To Making An Effective Complaint That Gets A Solution
- This Farm In Kansas Is The Default Address For All American Internet Users