A dentist, Dr. Trusty, was drilling on a patient and dancing to the tune “Car Wash” on the radio, when the drill bit snapped off and got caught near her eye. The doctor then tried to use a metal hook to get it out but only drove it further into the sinus and bone, according to the lawsuit. Trusty told the patient that she would probably sneeze the bit out. Doctors later said that if she had, she would have likely become blind in one eye. The patient is now suing Dr. Trusty for $600,000 in medical expenses, pain, and suffering.
Dancing Dentist Nearly Blinds Patient
By consumerist.com November 14, 2007
- zip it Some Health Providers Are Sharing Patients’ Info Online In Reaction To Bad Yelp Reviews
- streisand effect in action Dentist Who Tried To Remove News Story From YouTube Drops Lawsuit, Pays $12K In Fees
- meet defendant doe YouTuber Being Sued By Dentist Explains Why It’s Important They Stay Anonymous
- Do you really know your doctor? From Malpractice To Doctoring Under The Influence, You’ll Have A Difficult Time Finding Your Physician’s Disciplinary History
- get well... pay more $164 Per Mile: Surprise Ambulance Bills Are A Growing Problem & Difficult To Avoid