It’s looking like E*Trade may, in fact, go bankrupt. The stock lost more than half its value in trading today and half of E*Trade’s deposits are in accounts that are above the $100,000 FDIC insurance limit—making a run on the bank more than likely. [New York Times]
- where's my deposit Citizens Bank Must Pay $31.5M In Fines, Refunds For Failing To Credit Full Deposit Amounts
- Not Really Helping Fifth Third Bank Backtracks On Its Pledge To End Payday Loans
- time for a change? Banks Making $17B A Year From Fees For Overdrafts & Insufficient Funds
- the changing financial landscape Households Are Using Prepaid Cards More Than Ever Before
- affordable care act What Are Health Savings Accounts & Why Are They A Big Part Of Obamacare Replacement Plan?