Not freezing to death is expensive! SmartMoney offers up its own advice on how to cut heating costs this winter—mostly the usual stuff about shopping around for a supplier, upgrading old equipment, and winter-proofing your house. Also: new insulation may qualify you for a one-time tax credit of $500 if you do it before the end of the year. [SmartMoney]
- shiver me timbers How To Keep Your Pipes From Bursting This Winter
- shopping What Purchases Should You Make And Avoid In January?
- baby it's cold outside 3 Things We Learned About Delivering Pizza Above The Arctic Circle
- got yer beer here Train Conductor Tasked With Keeping Beer From Freezing Probably Hates Winter More Than You
- Keeping Costs Down ‘Tis The Season For High Energy Bills: Tips To Keep Warm And Lower Costs